Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween with Mini Master Yoda

      Hi!  It's been a busy couple of weeks for me..sorry for not updating the blog sooner!  We were in Orlando for a Breastfeeding and Parenting Conference (which was awesome and a blessing) and then lately I've been taking care of my sick little man.  He got the stomach flu so there was lots of sleepless nights, clean up, cuddles and comforting going on.  Thankfully he's been feeling a lot better lately!
      
      Yesterday we had a fun night with friends.  We went trick or treating with Lucas for the first time for Halloween.  Being the HUGE Star Wars fan that he is (and ok, maybe he has influenced me too) my hubby has inspired me to dress Lucas up in Star Wars characters.
   
      Last year we had a mini Darth Vader...

      This year we had a mini Yoda...




      I decided to make his costume this year (how could I not?!) and followed this tutorial as my inspiration.  I headed to our local thrift store in search of material.  For under $7 I was able to get all the materials needed to make my little Yoda!  I love it when I get a good deal!  I think it came out better than the store bought Yoda costume that's 4 times more expensive!  This is one of the reasons why I always wanted to learn to sew.  We'll be keeping this costume as a keepsake so one day it can be passed on to future children and maybe even grandchildren!  Thanks to Lucas' Grandma and Grandpa he got a light saber to match and a homemade trick or treat pumpkin bag made by Grandma.  We had a blast showing him around the neighborhood and we made some sweet memories :)


      Stay tuned for another post soon.  I've been getting a few orders for some hooded towels and I would love to share them with you!



   

2 comments:

  1. I like this web blog very much, Its a really nice place to read and get info. Also, check our sites.

    123.hp.com
    123.hp.com/setup
    How to Setup
    hp.com/setup
    123.hp.com/setup for Mac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Printer customer services Support & Downloads ... Thermal Transfer FAX, Ribbon Transfer FAX, Web Services, Tape Creator, Stamp Creator, Print / Fax Servers, Head Mount Display.

    ReplyDelete